Tibet Shangri La Tour
This tour package fits best for a family looking for a short yet interesting getaway
- Duration: 8 Days
- Max. Altitude: 3950 m.
- Accommodation: 3 star standard
- Type: Tour
Please Enter the details
- Panoramic aerial view of Himalayan ranges during flight
- Guided sightseeing in Lhasa
- Visit to historical monasteries
- Potala palace, Norbulingka, Jokhang temple
- Strolling at Barkhor Street market and wonderful shopping
- Scenic drive to Xigatse, Gyantse
This Tibet Shangri La Tour package fits best for a family looking for a short yet interesting getaway from the regular life. Visit to the temples and monasteries and palaces will refresh you and gives you an opportunity to peek in the way of Tibetan living. You kids will learn the meaning of respect and love in these days. And they will also have a chance to observe and learn how ancient monuments are kept and should be kept for future generations as the Tibetans have preserved.
The first day of the tour consists of flying from Kathmandu to Lhasa. If it’s the first time you are flying this route then you will feel as if you are flying just above the heaven. The beautiful Himalayas that you witness will erase your fatigue and refresh your soul. You will be guided to your hotel after the arrival upon Lhasa and you can have all the time you want to get fresh and get acclimatized in the Tibetan altitude of Tibet. The second and third days of the tour includes the visit of Jokhang Temple, Barkhor market, Potala Palace, Sera and Drepung monasteries and along with strolling of the Lhasa streets, buying stuffs and enjoying the time. On the fourth day we drive from Lhasa to Tsedang covering 3,450m of road on the roof of the world. On the way we will stop to visit Samye monastery which is one of the six greatest monasteries in Tibet. The fifth day is dedicated to Tsedang where we will visit Yumbulakang and Thandurk Monasteries. Finally on the 6th day you will fly back to Kathmandu or your onward destination.
Day 01(Sat): Kathmandu (1,300m) – Lhasa (3,650m)
Fly (1 Hr.) to LHASA over crossing over the highest Himalayan ranges of the world. Transfer and check-in to your hotel. Full rest for acclimatization- Hotel.
Day 02-03 (Sun-Mon): In Lhasa
Two full day sight – seeing tour to LHASA including JOKHANG TEMPLE, BARKHOR BAZAAR, POTALA PALACE, SERA & DREPUNG MONASTERIES. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04 (Tue): Lhasa – Xigatze (3,900m) 280 Km
Scenic drive to XIGATSE, to the west of LHASA through the northern road. The drive is scenic as the road drives along the valley made by BRAHMAPUTRA RIVER (YARLUNG TSANGPO). Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Xigatze – Gyantse (3,950m) 90Km
Morning sight- seeing to the PANCHEN LAMA’S TASHILHUMPU MONASTERY. Drive to GYANTSE and visit to the KUMBUM STUPA & PHALKOR MONASTERY. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Gyantse – Tsedang (3,400m) 29km
Full day picturesque drive crossing over KAROLA (5,010m), KAMBALA (4,794m), and colourful YAMDROK LAKE. Continue drive along the Tibetan lifeline river BRAMHAPUTRA (YARLUNG TSANGPO) on to TSEDANG – Overnight to hotel.
Day 07: Tsedang – Samye Tsedang 80 Km
AM: scenic drive to Samye along the other side of Brahmaputra river and visit Samye Monastery (8th century 1st Buddhist Monastry in Tibet). PM : Drive back to Tsedang and visit Yumbulakhang & Thandruk Monastery – Hotel.
Day 08: Tesedang – Kathmandu
Early morning drive (2hrs) to airport for departure flight to Kathmandu.
- Twin sharing three star standard accommodation as per different category package with breakfast.
- All necessary transportation by 4 WD Toyota Landcruiser.
- Sightseeing tour as per the Program, an English speaking Guide and monastery entrance fees.
- China/ Tibet visa fees, Tibet permit.
- International flight to and out of China.
- Lunch & Dinner are not included but we will recommend some good ones for you according to your requirements. Usually, it takes 3-10 USD per person for each meal.
- All expenses of personal Nature.
- Nepal re-entry visa fee and airport Departure Tax
- Charge for photography, air ticket reconfirmation fee and Insurance etc…